Holistic Detoxification Tips from Wildfire Smoke
Wildfires can be destructive to people, homes, vegetation and wildlife but the smoke it creates can be just as dangerous for our health. Wildfires can increase pollution, toxic gases and particulates in the air from charred trees and shrubs, synthetic materials from homes and structures such as lead, benzene, formaldehyde and metal, for thousands of miles away. These tiny particles, known as PM 2.5 Particulate Matter can weasel their way deep into human lungs and contribute to breathing difficulties, headaches and migraines, sore throat, sleep disturbance and mood changes in even healthy individuals, children, older adults. Those people with asthma, COPD and other lung diseases are at even great risk for these symptoms which can last days to weeks. Here are some tips which may help you detox the smoke from your body and lungs helping your feel better long term.
1. Drink lemon water and increase water consumption.
2. Drink a lung cleansing Herbal Tea daily with Lungwort, Mullein, Lemon
Balm, Nettle and Peppermint herbs in it.
3. Use a Netti Pot and distilled water to rinse out your sinuses daily.
4. Use an Essential Oil Diffuser in your home with Cedar Wood, Sage, Thyme,
Rosemary and essential oils to pull out ash particles from the
air. Lemongrass, Peppermint and Eucalyptus and Myrrh for your lungs.
Ylang-Ylang and Lavender to help calm your nerves. Use Organic or Wild
Crafted high quality oils. I prefer REVIVE brand, it is a non MLM brand.
5. If you do not have a diffuser fill a pot with filtered water, ad rosemary, sage,
thyme herbs and simmer on low, this will also aid in purifying the smoky air.
5. Drop 3 Eucalyptus Essential Oil drops into the bottom of your shower. Close the drain and enjoy the steamy vapors while you shower. This will open up
your sinuses and lungs.
6. Increase consumption of citrus fruits high in Vitamin C.
7. Take a Vitamin C supplement to assist your bodies defenses and recycle
7. Add Garlic, Ginger, Onion, and Herbs such as Parsley, Cilantro, Thyme,
Fennel and Coriander to your meals to aid in natural detoxification.
8. Boost Glutathione rich foods such as sulfuric vegetables such as Brussel
sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli as well as leafy greens to help
assist your bodies natural detoxification.
9. Drink an Organic Super Greens Power with water daily or make your own
fresh pressed green super foods juices and take Chlorella and Spirulina to
assist is cleansing and detoxifying your body. I personally prefer Peak
Performance or Vitalforce Brands of Super Foods Powders.
10. Take NAC and glutathione supplement which will help support
detoxification and protect your lungs.
11. Taking Serrapeptase can reduce any inflammation in your lungs.
12. Practice gentle Lymphatic Massage on the sides of your neck.
13. Take Epsom Salt Detox baths with lavender.
14. Purify your air with an Air Purifier or make your own with a box fan and a
MERV 13 square air filter that can purifier the air.
15. Pet an animal. Take a bath. Meditate. Listen to happy vibrational music this will help your body stay calm and will help prevent stress, fear and worry.
16. Check in on your elderly neighbors and see if they need any help too!
Stay safe everyone! In Good Health and Happiness,
Krista Zweers CHN, CLS
FB- Nourish Revive Thrive- Holistic Nutrition and Health